Smith LaRock Architecture PC is looking for another Project Manager / Project Architect.
We are a full service Architectural Design firm serving Fortune 50 Energy industry clientele with their high-tech facility needs. We are an agile niche firm possessing specialized expertise. Our projects require a highly collaborative approach between clients, consultants, and our staff. Our designs focus on the integration of key human factors pertinent to 24/7 shiftwork and technical facilities. There is room to grow within the firm for the right people, right up to a path to firm ownership.
Strong experiential, written, verbal and technical skills as a PM / Project Architect are needed, and also must be very hands on with regards to BIM modeling, production and contract documents. CA experience is a must, as our PMs manage a project from inception to completion. We need the type of person who’s able and willing to build long-term relationships within our firm as well as our clients.
PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT ARCHITECT
Licensed architect or non-registered graduate with 8-12 years of experience (minimum); has overall project management responsibility for a variety of projects; including client contact, scheduling, and budgeting. But also needs to be heavily involved on the production side with focus drawing and specification development.
Proficient to advanced Revit skills are a must
Full Job Description:
Our ideal candidate would possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills (written as well as verbal) and must show initiative.
o You’ll be the primary contact for clients and consultants.
• A professional and positive attitude when working in groups or individually to promote a positive atmosphere.
• The experience and confidence to hit the ground running.
o This includes assuming control of, and managing, project(s) that may be currently underway.
• Other typical tasks will include; feasibility reports, budget and code analyses, production of contract documents & specs (SD to CD phases), and BIM modeling. CA work (submittals, RFI’s, site observation visits and reports, project closeout).
• Knowledge and experience pertaining to Type II Building design & detailing (primarily), construction means, methods and techniques, and basic knowledge of Structural and MEP building systems, and the ability to speak intelligently with owners and consultants about those systems.
• High level of proficiency with industry-standard software: Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, MS Office (including Project), – added points for those with skills in Lumion (or related 3D animation), Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, Project/Time Management using Ajera, etc
• Field surveying, creating as-built documents from field measurements and documentation.
• Experience writing and assembling full specification books and be proficient with CSI standards, terms, and Masterworks software.
Required Personal Credentials:
• Ability and interest in occasional travel. Time frames typically range from 1-3 days typ. and up to once or twice per month at times. Projects range from Southern/Coastal USA, West Coast, Midwest United States to Northern Canada and Alaska.
• Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing and/or Federal background checks as required by most of our Clients; the State of Colorado may allow marijuana usage but we cannot due to our clients’ drug and alcohol testing requirements.
• The ability to pass a TSA background check to obtain TWIC credentials (this is a typical item required by our clients for site visits)
Compensation will be based upon experience, personal capabilities, and role assumed by the successful candidate, and the candidate’s ability to deliver a commensurate skillset: the trade of skills for compensation must be equitable. Benefits Package available once eligible that includes; 4-1/2 day work week (four 9’s + one 4), Paid Vacation (2 weeks to start) Paid Holidays and your Birthday, subsidized Health Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) with Company Matching, and Profit Sharing Plan. We also offer ‘at cost’ programs such as Dental and Vision Plans, and AFLAC Supplemental insurance to our employees.
Please submit a compiled PDF document to: email@example.com which includes the following:
• a letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• current resume and examples of your construction document experience
• references and contact information
Smith LaRock Architecture is a friendly and casual workplace: enjoy working in shorts in the summer, jeans in the winter. Sit-stand workstations with leading edge PCs and software, free parking at our own building away from the hassles of downtown parking.